The BF discovered this amazing sugar, dairy and gluten free chocolate in a local supermarket- thank you Piedimontes! The nuts one was perfectly nutty, the goji and coconut one however was like cherry ripe, but with chunky of cherry (goji) and flakes or thick coconut nestled into the super dark chocolate, I could have eaten a bucket of it. AND look how cute the packaging is, and inside these gorgeous little boxes the chocolate was wrapped in really cute paper too. Definitely a highlight of the month. Not a highlight but something that happened regularly… reading my biology textbook and diligently taking notes. This is the cutest honey packaging I’ve ever seen. I didn’t buy it but couldn’t resist taking a photo. Food wise, my month can probably be summed up by protein pancakes (this one was a pancake fail and turned into a scramble, still tasted good). My go-to breakfast.
So I thought that I would have a little look back and February and see how I did with my goals. They were:
Euro Adventure research. This month I would like to book our Barcelona accommodation and look into camper van rental in France Our Barcelona hostel was booked on Tuesday night AND we’ve decided on a van.
Run! Run! Run! I achieved my 100 by Vday, which was awesome, but since then I have slacked off a bit.
Take more photos. I have made a point of taking photos everyday, not all of them are works of art but I like the habit of it.
Create a study nook and stay on top of school work. Well this was probably my least successful goal. I did my best to stay on top of my work, and am feeling pretty good about it so far, however I failed to create a nook and as a result the kitchen table and couch are still my study areas. Whoops.
Keep it lean and green. I think I have done pretty well in this department overall. I’ve made healthy food choices and have only slipped up a couple of times- who can say no to popcorn I ask you!?
During February I have also taken up swimming, which I am thoroughly enjoying, have taken on a lot more responsibility at work, which is daunting but satisfying and I have kept up my posts in this little corner of the internet, which makes me exceedingly happy.
For the month ahead- MARCH, how on earth did that happen?- my goals are:
1. Serious saving. With the euro adventure now less than 3 months away I really need to knuckle down with the saving. So for the month of March I will not buy anything that is not food or otherwise essential (essential does NOT include cute glitter nail polish, jeans, ballet flats etc).
2. Run. This one deserves to be on again because I got a bit lax. The couch to 10k app is back on my phone and I am looking forward to having more structure to push me forward.
3. Experiment with sugar/dairy/gluten free chocolate. Inspired by the amazing chocolate up the top of this post and then seeing a recipe for homemade SF, DF, GF chocolate on instagram, and with Easter fast approaching this is the perfect time to play!
4. Do a little bit of study everyday. In theory this will help me to be all over my readings and lectures. We shall see if it happens.
5. (still) Keep it lean and green.
6. Pay attention Sometimes it feel that at the rate time is moving I will be sitting in a nursing home in the blink of an eye, so this month I would also like to pay more attention to what’s happening around me and smell the roses if you will.
Ok March, bring it.